An important update with some small fixes and an overhaul of how bookings can be managed.
We have spent a lot of time working on how stored bookings can be managed.
Bookings | The Changes
- Search for a client’s name (first name, surname and both the full name).
- Filter booking by a Start Date and End Date.
- You can now select which table columns you wish to display. On narrow screen sizes priory will be given to table columns on the left hand side.
- Table columns can be re-orders to suit your needs. Simply drag the column title to reorder.
- Bookings can be filtered by service, time and status. This allow you to target the exact bookings you wish to display.
- PDF Report: Once you have selected the booking you want to target then you can then export the selection to a PDF. Making it easy to print out the people booked onto a particular service at a particular time.
- Excel Report: Similar to the PDF report. Whichever bookings are currently being displayed can then be exported to Excel (csv spreadsheet). This makes an easy way to backup your bookings.
- Both report buttons included the check box option to included Extras that have been sold and Form elements within the outputted report file.
- If you now try to delete a booking there will be an alert requesting you to confirm to complete the deletion. This is to prevent the deletion of bookings by mistake.
- We have introduced a simple dropdown to select how many bookings you wish to display per page.
We hope these new controls make it easy to manage your bookings.
Fixes & Adjustments
Added support for the latest version of Joomla.
Various styles have been adjust with in the administrator controls, such as adding support for long service titles.
Various styles have been adjust within the public booking selection, in particular the group size plus and minus buttons have been re-styled to ensure they looks that same on all browsers and devices.
We have revisited the auto refund feature for late payments beyond the Pending booking timeout.
Rather than refunding all late payments we have introduced 2 parameters that are checked first.
If the service expiry point has not been reached and there is still capacity for the service at that time then the booking will save as paid.
If expiry point has been reached then the auto refund will execute and the booking will cancel.
If there is no longer capacity for that service at that time then the auto refund will execute and the booking will cancel.
We found that PayPal causing some successful bookings to turn to cancelled if a summery screen after payment timed out. We have prevented this from happening.
Booking Not Saving
In very rare circumstance successful booking were not saving to the datable. This has been corrected.