Version 1.8 is an important update for the extension, many minor adjustments and a few larger adjustments all in readiness for official realise.
The largest adjustment in this update is to the Blocking Dates feature. The website owner now can choose to either block all services or just a particular service at a particular time over the selected dates. This should be useful if allowing for holidays or staff days off.
The extension now records user data when a booking is saved. This includes browser type, browser version and operating system. This information in stored in the database, but not accessible from within the extension admin controls. The saved info is useful if a booking does not save fully, allowing the development team to attempt to reproduce the issue.
Not noticeable to a typical website owner, but we have reviewed all background code. Old or unused code has been removed and we have added further comments and labels.
The below is a list of the mirror corrections & adjustments . . .
- Removed the extras description.
- Spelling correction on the extras title & tool tip.
- The purchase date had been fixed to not clear if the booking is edited.
- The list of countries has been removed as an admin setting, yet remains in the database.
- The Payment Option Title has been removed from the PayPal Configuration as it was no longer required.
- The Joomla sidebar has been disabled as it was not being used.
- Tool Tip text has been added if missing.
- The email notifications have been adjusted, the main difference is that the admin will now get a copy of the full customer email when the booking is completed with a payment.
- The booking status has been removed from email subject line, but can be added using a snippet.
- The email template snippets have been adjusted. Removing the Notes, adjusting the Booking Status and adding the Transaction ID.
- The title for the Forms has been corrected.
- The Input Text Color has been added to the Template Configuration.
- The link to the Help website has been updated.
- An error message has been updated for Manual Dates.
- The select-box form type has been renamed to drop-down list.
- Only Form entries that are available to the particular service will display within a saved booking.
- Only Extras that are available to the particular service will display within a saved booking.
- The 'Pay Now' button can now only be clicked once.
The booking Module has been updated to version 2. This includes the below changes.
- Full support for the enhanced 'Blocked Dates' feature, ensuring the module will mirror any blocked dates made in the extension.
- When editing or adding bookings in the module the 'Save' button can now only be clicked once.
- The module now has a minimum height of 400px to prevent any layout problems.